Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Quote Wall


“Language is the mother, not the handmaiden, of thought; 
words will tell you things you never thought or felt before.” 
~W.H. Auden


One of my favorite spots in my house is my quote wall. My parents always slip a quote into the envelope with their letters to me, and I decided to display these on a wall in my house. As you can see from my blog, I love quotes. They provide inspiration, enlightenment, and motivation for me whenever I read them. Here are some of my favorites:

“Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live.” – Nicolas Chamfort

“Not all those who wander are lost.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

“The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” - Marcel Proust

 “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

We all seek guidance sometimes from other people: Friends, co-workers, neighbors, family, spouses, etc. Well for me, at the end of a hard day or at the beginning of what I expect to be a hard day, the “food for thought” comes from my quote wall. Thank you John Lennon, Anne Frank, Maya Angelou, Thomas Edison, Winston Churchill, Howard Thurman, Arianna Huffington, Martin Luther King Jr., Hillary Clinton……  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment