Sunday, September 28, 2014

Kenya!



“It’s really beautiful. 
It feels like God visits everywhere else, 
but lives in Africa.”
-Will Smith




When I arrived in Nairobi it felt so good to have a day to decompress in my hotel room, enjoying warm showers, free wifi, a comfy bed, and just chilling out on the rooftop deck. After meeting up with my safari group, our first stop was a visit to the Masai Mara. We went on an all-day game drive, where we were fortunate to be able to witness thousands of wildebeests during the annual "Great Migration," when the wildebeests migrate from the Serengeti in Tanzania up to the Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya. We also saw lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, water buffalo, a cheeta, and other animals.

wildebeests
lion family
In the afternoon we visited a Masaai village. They sang traditional songs for us and performed dances, including their traditional competitive jumping. We toured the village and visited their homes. I met a man wearing a beautiful piece of fabric. When I told him I loved it, he offered to sell it to me. I bought the clothes off his back! This trip through Kenya was the first of many great adventures with my awesome new friends from Australia. They made every day special.
Masaai 
Lake Nakuru National Park
rhino
Spent two nights at a campsite next to an orphanage

No comments:

Post a Comment