Monday, July 7, 2014

A Small Circle of Friends

“The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.”  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


The other day while I was cleaning I found a friendship bracelet kit that someone sent me a long time ago from the U.S., so I decided to make bracelets for all 14 kids that live in the compounds next door to me. They LOVED them. The following day a few of them came up to me, asking about the light that comes from the bracelets at night. I realized I had forgotten to tell them that they were glow-in-the-dark bracelets. They thought this was pretty cool. I have had so much fun getting to know these kids and seeing them grow these last two years. 





No comments:

Post a Comment